Thursday, March 25, 2010

bike rides to blue moon farm


One of my favorite things about working last season was getting up before the sun and watching it rise as I rode my bike through the cornfields. It's so peaceful, and so beautiful. There usually aren't any cars out yet, the air is still cool and crisp...the perfect time of day! It's so early, but sometimes my friends Geoff and Jill (and one time, 15 people!) bike with me. However, biking home is another story. After working for 10 hours, going for a 1 hour bike ride is not as exciting and for some reason, there is always a headwind.

Thankfully, Vanessa and I discovered SKULLY's!! They serve the most wonderful fish sandwiches and chocolate cake. On one of the rides home, I wasn't sure we were going to make it back to down and I'm not sure why Vanessa kept saying "Don't let the sun beat you down!" But it worked. We made it to town and we made it to Skully's. Now, when I think I have no energy left, this is the bike ride I think of.

Anyway, I'm excited to be working at blue moon farm for another season. I hope this year I can do a better job documenting my experiences not just for myself, but for anyone who is interested in food and farms, and maybe even for people who are interested in Blue Moon!

2 comments:

  1. when are you posting your next blog? i'm eagerly awaiting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. te quiero mucho mi agricultora favorita del mundo!

    ReplyDelete